Running Out of Time is a record-breaking 7 767 km non-stop relay from Glasgow (COP26 host) to Sharm el-Sheikh (COP27 host) in the name of climate action! Launching on September 30th with a run for 3 000 school students in central Glasgow, it will comprise 700+ (mostly 10 km) stages and travel through 18 countries before arriving at Sharm el-Sheikh on November 6th for the start of COP 27. Inside the baton will be a message on climate action from the young people of today to the world’s leaders at COP 27.
Powered exclusively by humans, the sun and the wind, the relay will unite runners, cyclists and sailors in an extraordinary, epic adventure. The baton will cross seas, mountain ranges, glaciers, and deserts and visit schools, at-risk locations and climate change projects. Gathering support every step of the way, it will arrive at COP 27 with the backing of more than a million voices.
Find below the key Information for Runners & Cyclists
- Route Map, Stage Details & Registration : https://running-out-of-time.com/route/
- Stage length : Running stages are generally 5 – 10 km ; cycling stages are generally 10 – 20 km long.
- Running pace : you need to be able to run 10 km in 70 minutes.
- Number of runners and cyclists per stage : Up to 25 runners per running stage and up to 10 cyclists per cycling stage.
- Age : Over 18 unless accompanied by a responsible adult
- FAQs : https://running-out-of-time.com/faq
- Dates : 30th September – 6th November, 2022
- Cost : €8 which includes a donation to our charity partners
- Discounts : discounts are available for students ; running & cycling clubs ; and for people taking on multiple stages